Draw on a canvas.
Brush Tool Option
- A.Pen Nib Preview:Show the preview of drawing created with the current tool setting.
- B.Stroke Preview:Show the preview of drawing created with the current tool setting.
Clicking the wheel icon at the upper-right side of the Stroke Preview shows the brush detail setting.
Adjusting the various settings lets you create a unique brush.
150 types of preset brushes have been created by utilizing this detail settings.
C. Drawing Method
Choosing the drawing method enables you to create a straight line, circle, and such. By holding down the Shift, Alt, and/or Ctrl keys, you can fix the angle, ratio, and other constraints.
- FreehandThis is the default setting to provide a freehand drawing method.
- Draw LineDraw a straight line.
- Draw CurveDraw a curvilinear line.
- Draw PolylineDraw multiple straight lines by continuing to click on a canvas.
- Draw RectangleDraw a rectangular shape.
- Draw EllipseDraw an elliptical shape.
- Draw PolygonDraw a polygonal shape by continuing to click on a canvas.
The above highlighted "D" area varies per the pen setting. Brush Size, opacity, and stabilizing level are the common items.
- Brush SizeChange the brush size.
- OpacityChange the brush opacity.
- Stabilizing levelSet up the stabilization value between 0 to 32. Larger value makes stronger stabilization.
- HardnessChange the hardness level of brush outline.
- FlowChange the level of density.
- Mix with Base ColorChange the influence rate from the surrounding colors.
- Mix with Foreground ColorChange the influence rate from the foreground color.
Type: Blur, Fingertip
- EffectChange the level of effect.
Brush Detail Setting
Detail Setting: Brush
Set up the brush name.
Choose the brush type from Pen, Eraser, AirBrush, Watercolor, Blur, Fingertip, and Dot. Available functions vary per the brush type.
You can choose the blending mode from 23 different types. Choose Normal for the standard drawing.
Brush Size / Smallest Brush Size
Set up the standard brush size and the smallest brush size. You can choose the stroke option from None, pen Pressure, or speed.
Change the opacity level. You can choose the option from None or pen Pressure.
Spacing / stabilizing level / Anti Alias / Dissolve
Set up the brush spacing, stabilization strength, anti alias status, and dithering status.
Dithering option is available when anti alias is turned off.
Detail Setting: Pen Nib
You can transform the pen nib shape by controlling the vertexes highlighted within green squares. Once the shape is transformed, the pen nib preview in the Tool Option window is updated simultaneously.
You can choose the option from None, Pen pressure, Tilt, Rotation, or Speed.
You can choose the option from None, Pen pressure, Tilt, Rotation, or Direction.
Set a Bitmap image as brush.
Click Add to select a Bitmap image. You can also select multiple Bitmaps.
You can turn on/off 3 options: Draw Randomly, Draw with Foreground Color, and Roller.
Draw at Random is OFF, Draw with Foreground Color is OFF, Draw with Roller is ON.
Draw at Random is ON, Draw with Foreground Color is OFF, Draw with Roller is ON.
Detail Setting: Effect
Choose the density level. You can choose the option from None or Pen pressure.
Mix with Base Color
Change the influence rate from the surrounding colors.
Mix with Foreground Color
Change the influence rate from the foreground color.
Color mixture level varies by the setting.
Detail Setting: Scatter
Scatter produces multiple copies of the brush tip along the brush stroke, to create spraying effect. Check the box to use this effect.
Scatter Range / Amount / Size
Change the numerical value of each setting to determine the scattering quantity.
Scatter Range : 100 , Amount : 1 , Size : 10
Scatter Range：300 , Amount : 10 , Size : 20
Detail Setting: Jitter
Jitter percentages specify the randomness of dynamic elements. By changing each parameter or value, you can apply the Jitter effect to the pen nib. You can also check the result in the Stroke Preview window in the Tool Option Window.
To help understanding the Jitter effect, below is an example of using the triangle image Bitmap brush with the 100% Jitter effect.
Change the brush size randomly.
Change the opacity level randomly.
Change the pen nib roundness vertical ratio randomly.
Change the angle randomly.
Change the hue randomly.
Change the saturation level randomly.
Change the lightness level randomly.
Detail Setting: Symmetric Drawing
Draw an image symmetrically.
By checking the box, you can create the Axisymmetric image. If the box is unchecked, Rotation Symmetry is applied.
Rotation Symmetry Division : 5
Detail Setting: Reset
Revert all the brushes including the current brush to the default setting.